Automated Chlorine Feeder

Mar 21, 2012
NC
I have a buddy that works for a pool supply place that his uncle owns. I will be getting my CYA, Muriatic Acid, and Liquid Beach from him. He also said they put what they call a "board" on pump house wall that has a tube that goes directly to the pool. Has anyone you know used a system like this on a pool as small as 20,000 gallons? They do mostly YMCA type pools. I just dont want to make a simple process harder by trying to keep up with a chemical feed system. If it will make the process easier, I am all for it. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this type of setup. I start my dig and build this week and am getting really nervoes, but think I have read and studied enough to get this accomplished. Also, would it benefit me to have my municipal water tested before I start the pool so I would know how much chlorince to start with approximately? It is going to be memorial day weekend, so my wife woudl not be happy with me if this process did not go smoothly and the pool build carried over to Monday.

The board is for the chlorine. There is a dial on it that you set from one to 10 depending on how often you want to inject the pool with chlorine. Setting 1 means it will run for 1 minute out of every ten (the board has its own seperate pump). One of the things I wasnt sure of was the automated pump. The pool pump will be set up to run on a timer (not sure of how long yet) and the chlorine pump will be on its own seperate timer. So there may be times when the chlorine pump is injecting chlorine into the pool, but the pool pump is not running. I wasnt sure if this would cause problems like bleaching of the liner or something.

Bama Rambler said:
I wouldn't want the chlorine to be injected if the main pump wasn't running. You could hook the injection pump into the main pump timer so it only runs when the main pump is running.

Thats what my buddy that works there says, so I will probably go that route. Then I will set it on one as a start, test the water after the first day of automated feeding and go from there. Thanks BAMA. I am almost there. Gonna be a big show this weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.