Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any pump & filter recommendations?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any pump & filter recommendations?

We're about to purchase our new pool, a 33' x 52" Sharkline Heritage. I'm clueless about the pump & filter that I need. Originally, I was going to go with this one http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/poolsupp ... DO1160.htm (in case the link doesn't work, it's a Pentair sd60 with a 1 1/2hp Dynamo pump single speed) but, now I am having second thoughts. I'm not sure if it's good enough. I don't want to spend all this money, and regret it later.

Can anyone recommend a good pump & filter? Is that one okay? Thanks in advance, for your help
    -Julie
    25,600gal/33' x 52" Sharkline Heritage, Pentair Clean & Clear 150sq ft filter, 1.5hp dual speed Optiflo pump, TF-100 test kit, BBB method, Pool Rover S2-40

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any pump & filter recommendations?

That combo works well for me and I wouldn't hesitate to put it on a 33' pool.

A 200 sqft cartridge with that pump would also be a good choice.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Any pump & filter recommendations?

Thanks for your input! I'll go ahead and stick to that pump/filter combo.
    -Julie
    25,600gal/33' x 52" Sharkline Heritage, Pentair Clean & Clear 150sq ft filter, 1.5hp dual speed Optiflo pump, TF-100 test kit, BBB method, Pool Rover S2-40