Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In-Pool Stools/Bar?

1. Back To Top    #1

In-Pool Stools/Bar?

Question: While lounging in our pool this weekend, I was trying to think of ways to sit somewhere other than the steps. Possibly a few people, possibly like an in-pool bar? Not haning off the sides, but in the pool, heavy enough to stay put, but of material that would not harm the vinyl liner on our IGP. I started thinking about wide diameter PVC with end-caps (36" or so?) filled with something or ?? These would only need to be a height of around 24" high, but wide enough for sitting.

Anyone have any thoughts? Seen this prior?

And no I don't have a drinking problem. It's totally under control!

Thanks,

Ted

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In-Pool Stools/Bar?

Nobody? There has to be a good DIY solution, right?

3. Back To Top    #3

Hmmmm ... Thinking about it now, I think I would like something as well. Post up what you figure out

Real helpful I know

These are a bit pricy: http://www.backyardcitypools.com/Pool-F ... niture.htm
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Could be interesting,
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh trust me, my mind is fully engaged at this challenge when idle. The more brainstorming the better.

6. Back To Top    #6

if properly fastened, wouldnt a simple set of gardeners knee pads (flat pad about 8"x14"x1" thick) suffice for padding to protect the liner? similiar to what they use under the steps on AGP setups.
    27' above ground
    voyager cartridge
    2.25 hp hayward pump 2 speed

7. Back To Top    #7

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm reminded of some comedian talking about staying at a pricey tropical resort that had a swim-up bar. He saw people swimming up all day long to refill their drinks, but no one ever got out to pee.

How about a humble plastic bucket, maybe padded with some wetsuit material or a gardener's kneepad?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

16x32 Oval In-ground Vinyl, ~17,000 gallons, Hayward 1hp Superpump, Hayward S245T Sand Filter

Worn out sand? sand-filter-expert-help-t30049.html
    Drain the easy way: cyanuric-acid-blues-draining-pool-t43843.html
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html , pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock , pool-school/shocking_your_pool

9. Back To Top    #9

My neighbor set out for the trash PU the other week a lounger and a regular PVC patio chair. I cleaned them off and they are setting in the pool area now to sit on when you get out. But as I have sat there, my thought was to remove the feet plugs on them, attach a coupler and more pvc pipe to extend the legs to make them taller, more like bar height, then put the feet back on. Fill with sand to sink them and set them in the pool for chairs to sit on in the water. http://patiopvc.com/whiteset.html?gc...FYuR7QodHgOyog they are similar to these.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by macgulley
    That looks very cool, but since it is a floating table (w/ attached chairs) I can't help but wonder what would happen if two people on the same side of the table get up (or alternatively if two real heavy people sit down on the same side). I envision drinks being dumped into the pool as the other side tips down.
    13,500 gallon AGP. Sand Filter. Swimmax Electric Heater

11. Back To Top    #11

Drinks or drunks dumped into pool! Maybe that is why it is no longer made?

12. Back To Top    #12

My pool is only 30" deep, but I am planning on doing this immediately:

+
    1200 gallon, 10'x30" Intex AG metal frame
    Type A cartridge filter, 1000 gph pump, wall mounted skimmer.

13. Back To Top    #13

Not sure that chair amd salt water pool is a good mix. I have chairs next to my pool that showed rust immediately.

14. Back To Top    #14

17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating

15. Back To Top    #15

For DIY there are lots of plastic stools available that you could weight down.

You can make PVC furniture and weight it down yourself
    http://pipefinepatiofurniture.com/

Alternately if you wanted something a little more permanent you could use hollow concrete tubes with a plastic base to keep from damaging the pool and then capped with granite or whatever kind of surface you would want.
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating

16. Back To Top    #16

I still think an empty plastic bucket with the lid back on it is simplest. Drill a couple holes to let water in and out, then set a large river rock in it to weight it down. When you want to pull it, it's only the weight of the bucket and the rock, as the water inside is neutral buoyancy, and as it lifts out it will drain.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

17. Back To Top    #17

Hey, limeysgrl, did you try the PVC on the bottom of the chair? Sure sounds like it would work. I have four blue mesh/white tube chairs that look just like the ones in the backyardcitypools pic, and I'm going to go get the PVC to add to the legs of one and give it a try. Probably have to get my husband to drill holes in the legs, though. You can get the envy pool stool at sears.com for $149.00; still too pricey for us. Post if you now have pool chairs!
    15' round AG Trevi, 1.5 hp Hayward Matrix Powerflo, 200 SF Waterway cartridge filter

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by brisketbabe
    Hey, limeysgrl, did you try the PVC on the bottom of the chair? Sure sounds like it would work. I have four blue mesh/white tube chairs that look just like the ones in the backyardcitypools pic, and I'm going to go get the PVC to add to the legs of one and give it a try. Probably have to get my husband to drill holes in the legs, though. You can get the envy pool stool at sears.com for $149.00; still too pricey for us. Post if you now have pool chairs!
    No I have not as of yet, got to finish all other projects. But we did luck out and the neighbor who had thrown out the chair, bought a new house and was moving last week. Came over and gave my husband the other three of the chairs as well as a 2 tables. So as soon as our other projects are finished, going to look at makeing the mod's to the chairs so we can sit in the pool and enjoy a cool drink.

19. Back To Top    #19

I ordered two of the Sun Station pool seats/bars a couple weeks. Got them this past week to try out and they work very well. Our cantilever coping sticks out enough into the pool, that you can sit at the edge like a swim up bar. My intent is to order three more to have a table and four stool config in the pool.

I struggled a bit finding lead shot for the weight container, but found some at a Gander Mountain. 25lb bag for $37. Should be enough for 3 stools for the added weight.

20. Back To Top    #20

The Sun Station is another similar option that I have considered buying ... have yet to pull the trigger though.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast