Sky high PH- really green pool

LisaM

May 26, 2011
I am in the process of cleaning a really green pool and shocking. For the heck of it I decided to test the PH and it is really high... too high to even read. Should I try to bring it down or not worry about it while I'm shocking? I know algae will bring it up and I know shocking will bring it up but Im just concerned about what it is doing to my equipment and if it is causing the chlorine to be less effective. On the other hand I have already spent $88 on chlorine and still need at least another 15 bottles at the minimum so I need to save money where ever I can so if its not vital I will skip it. That doesnt include the new pump motor I had to buy and the $700 heat exchanger I just ordered. Every penny counts at this point. Thoughts?

Even though you use Chlorine neutralizer in the test it still isnt correct? I did use 2 drops of Chlorine neutralizer thinking that would take care of the high FC. If thats not the case then I wont worry about it then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.