Greetings, Heat pump heating pool more slowly.....

May 21, 2012
Living in Stirling, Ontario where I installed an in ground, 19' by 36' kidney shaped, Did all the work myself and saved a great deal of money although it was more work than I planned on. Hayward pump and filter with Titan 2 heat pump.
Seems to me that the heat pump is heating the pool more slowly every year. Got it up and running three days ago and the initial temperature was 50C this morning it's 73C....... so it is working however sloooooowly.
Also the flo switch seems to have packed it in. Couldn't get the flo switch to let the pump turn on no matter where I set the calibration. So I made a jumper and shorted the two wires leaving the switch and that got it running.
I'll have to get a pro in to service this thing but I'm wondering if anyone has similar experiences with heat pumps

Re: Greetings Fellow Pool People

elwood58 said:
I assume you actually meant F on your temperatures. If your pool is at 73C, then it is now a very hot place to swim, as in burn your skin.
Yes I meant F ( it was fairly early when I posted and I wasn't fully awake I suppose) so...... well spotted indeed.
Do you have any input wrt my heat pump issues or are you just the proof reader on this board?

Does this heat pump work off of a ground loop or does it use the ambient air around it? Also, how many gallons of water and what BTU output is the heater (different from input). If the pump uses ambient air for transfer, what has the air temps been at night and durring the day? Do you have a solar cover on the pool?

Greetings, Pump uses ambient air. It was quite cool in the evenings getting down to 10 at times. It just seems to me that year after year the heater works a little slower. I'm going to take the screen off and use a brush on the radiator........ give it a good cleaning. Perhaps that will improve the performance.
Incidentally I bought a new flo switch ($35) and replaced the one I suspected was u/s. Working fine now. The flo switches just unscrew, no tools required.Very esy to replace without calling a service guy. Yay!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.