My 2 years 2 pools build project in pics

pfancher

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
Memphis, TN
I would like to share my two years two pools project. I have learned so much looking at others picture reviews I hope mine will help someone else.

Two years ago I decided that I wanted a pool. I started with a 15'x38" inflatable ring pool. This year I upgrades to a 16’x48” Metal Frame.

I will start with last years setup.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 1,650
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 1,636
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 1,636
More landscaping pics of the first pool. The Noodle floaters made a great way to keep the pavers from touching the pool liner. If you have Noodles you know they are not solid in side they have a hole in the center. So I ran a coated wire through enough of them to go around the bottom of the pool.

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 1,611
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 1,612
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 1,609
Time out for a swim. If you will notice the pool is sagging on the low side, which is the area behind the swimmers. As I said I thought the ground was level. The pool never collapsed but by the end of the season it was about 3" off level. Remember I did the first pool without the help of Trouble Free Pools.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 1,610

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Then I tamped just enough sand in the pool area to make the ground smooth and level. I put the sand down, got it wet and tamped it down. I ended up putting 550 lbs of sand in the area. I used the 2x4 with the level to make sure the sand was level with the pavers. Then I put a heavy duty tarp over the sand and pavers.

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 1,602
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 1,605
As an added note. I will some day upgrade the filter pump that came with my new pool. For now I put the old pump from the ring pool and the new pump together. It is working great. Lots of water movement and the pool side skimmer works much better with the two pumps hooked up.

Next is the landscaping. I plan to put down rubber mulch next to the pool liner, more paver stones out from the pool to fill in the area around the pool. A small deck, a fence and a shower are also in the plans, but for now the pool is up just in time for my birthday on the 25th and a long Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks for letting me show off all my hard work.

Attachments

• 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 1,587
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 1,587
Great job! Wanna come help with mine in a few weeks? :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Casey, sorry I have sworn this is my last pool build.

Jessasaurus, if you take a look at picture number 31 you will see the tarp is rolled up next to the pool. This picture was taken before any water was put into the pool. With the tarp rolled up it was easy to pick up enough to see if the legs were on the pavers and to move the pool where it should be. I watch the legs as the pool was filling up to make sure they were still on the pavers and stayed level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.