Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: algee wont go away

1. Back To Top    #1

algee wont go away

hey guys i have a weekly pool that i do for a customer and every week for the past 3 weeks the algee is growing on the walls and the water has greenish tint. the water test is perfect every week its a salt water pool salt is around 3400 ppm . i have several pools that i service one a week and this is the only one with a problem i am starting to think it may be the actual filter since its the only pool with a cartridge filter all others are de. i have the filter set to run for about 16 hours a day. any sugestions

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: algee wont go away

the water test is perfect every week
    We see this posted frequwently but the water has inadequate chlorine...whether the test shows "perfect" or not. You will have to find something that will test for chlorine, CYA, pH and TA, CH that is accurate to really get it fixed properly, but it is easy to tell you the chlorine is not correct.....algae cannot grow in a properly chlorinated pool.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

i have the k2006 test kit the only thing that was low was the cya but i know i dont need that

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD

Please tell us the numbers from all of the water test results. Also, is this pool indoors?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School