Smartphone on-line pool test

I've been using this for about a month now and I have to say that I really am impressed with the results. I did an analysis with the phone app and reference card and then immediatly took a water sample to my local pool supply (they have a battery of tests and brand new digital equipment, quite impressive I must say) and the difference in the numbers upon comparison was almost negligable. My only real problem with it is that the app is somewhat sluggish so you have to navigate to the photo scan page and then dip the strip and scan. A little annoying at first, but once you get it down it's not that much of a hassle.

DISCLAIMER...I sell a drops based test kit.

That said, taking a test strip phone analysis to a pool store with test strip digital testing is reminiscent of the blind leading the blind. Neither approach is accurate and usually not even repeatable so there is no reason to ever compare the two.

The digital printouts all look quite impressive down to the hundredths of a ppm (wow, really?) when in actually they can be completely worthless in many if not most cases.

If the technology has test strips in it, it simply cannot be relied upon to successfully manage your pool....regardless of how "slick" the results may appear.

What would be an accurate comparison is a test with your phone app and then an immediate test with Taylor reagents from the same bottle of pool water. Just saying.. .

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.