jtm60's intro/upcoming build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtm60

Mar 9, 2008
friendswood, tx
Hi to TFP members..great site, really glad i found it. topics on here definitely helped me narrow down my PB's and also got me some additional features that I think will save me money in the long run. So THANKS!

Anyway, we are currently waiting on permits for our pool. I will post pics as we get further along..I always like to see what other people are doing, so hope you all feel the same.

Here's our basic info:

40x24 (inside dim. not including spa)free form, gunite shell, flagstone coping. bottom finish will be wetedge satin. depth 3.5-8'. pool area is 757 sq. ft with 115' perimeter.
approx. 50' spa (12" raised) with tiered seating and stepped spillover back to pool.

39' raised beam/moss rock weeping wall (4 weeps).

main pool decking to be exposed/peagravel with extended sidewalk around to front of my garage.

additional flagstone decking (capping of existing concrete patio, + additional concrete and flagstone capped extension to meet pool deck).

raised beam will be extended at one end to incorporate an additional raised patio area with 3' firepit (peagravel inner/flagstone edge). chipped edge flagstone on firepit, spa, and edge of patio.

4" conduit and deck drains to street, downspouts to be tied in.
72 sq.ft DE filter (Hayward DE7220), 2 hp 2 spd. hayward northstar
polaris 280
booster pump for weeping wall to allow weeps to work when spa is running
400k btu spa (Hayward H400)
500W Hayward Colorlogic lite
Hayward Goldline controls
2.5" suction side plumbing
in line chlorinator (Rainbow 320)
1.5hp blower for spa

just got off phone, hoping to start dig on 4/21 if everything works out...already can't wait until this is over! dig a hole, throw money in.

hey, thanks for the support...i am already wondering how many extra gray hairs we will get over this..even though i know it will be worth it in the end.

progress today! electrician was here to mark out and PB placed his sign! I guess its really official now.

J

Welcome aboard

Hey, don't worry about the grey hair. Just start snapping away even before they mark anything till everybody is in swimming. Whatever grey hair that my appear during the built will disappear when you see your photos of your beauty taking shape.

And don't forget to ask questions if any even before things happen. The experts here will guide you through.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I sent him a pm about being rude in another thread. His reply to me got him banned. It's a shame because I was enjoying following his build.

I just don't get some people. :roll: I guess I will lock this thread to avoid confusion.

FYI - I have only banned 4 people in the history of this site - each time for excessive rudeness; either to myself, mods, or other members. Thanks to the rest of you who are happy to read, post, share, and get along!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.