Robotic Clean in High Chlorine

MisterMister

LifeTime Supporter
Quick question.

Any concerns with using a robotic cleaner (Aquabot T2) in the pool while the pool is being shocked? I'm thinking no, just being sure. I had a Polaris 280 (great unit) in the past that had internal drive belts that would tend to deteriorate, I believe due to use in high chlorination. Any high chlorine issues with the Aquabot?

Thanks

If you are using CYA in an outdoor pool and are only shocking up to normal shock levels then I wouldn't worry about it at all, everything should be fine. Indoor pools without CYA are much more likely to cause problems.

I have the Auquabot. It is entering its 8th season. I routinely add chlorine in the evening at the same time as the robot. As I have gotten better with maintaining my pool, the need for "shocking" has decreased. I managed most of last season without super-chlorinating...no CC during testing.

That being said, in previous seasons, I would "shock" and toss the robot in at that the same time. No real problms. You will be doing some repairs to the robots over the seasons...mine is getting all new bands, brushes and tracks this season...from aquabots.com...nice site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.