Pebble tec pool

cjmltn

Sep 4, 2011
We just installed a new pool with pebble tec. After two weeks, the water is not clear after running the pump and pool sweep. The chemicals are fine and we have added muriatic acid. Any suggestions on clearing the water would be apppreciated.

cjmltn said:
The water is cloudy with a greenish tint. We are having a complete analysis on the water at the pool shop in the morning. Will respond back after receiving results.

Everyone will tell you that most likely your pool store results will be totally wrong. Most likely you wont believe it.

You should order a good test kit, either the tf100 test kit from tftestkits.net or the taylor k2006 kit (I got mine from amazon).

recently my pool store told me my ph was 8.2 when it was 7.4. They said I needed to add a lot of acid. They measured my CYA at 100 when it was 45 indicating that I would need to drain half my pool.

etc.. I was skeptical, that a pool store could be so bad, but they mostly all are.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Test kit ordered from amazon this morning. In the meantime result from pool store are ch 1.24, ph 7.92 and alk 272. Added another gallon of muriatic acid and pool builder thought the chlorinator should be restarted. Had read that chlorine can cause cloudiness and I had asked him to temporarily turn it off. Water was beginning to clear until chlorinator was restarted and it begain to get cloudy again. Just want to do the right thing and get the water cleared up. Appreciate all new suggestions.

So the "complete analysis" from the pool store did not even include the CYA (stabilizer) level? There is no way to know what your FC level should be without that number.

Hopefully your kit (it is the K-2006 right and not the 2005????) will arrive quickly and you can get some accurate levels and we can figure out a path forward.

While you are waiting .... read through the Pool School (Button at upper right) articles a few times. Even if you have already, there is always some more to learn in there.

Don't mean to hijack the post but...RE: the K-2005 vs. the K-2006 test kit. Our pool builder uses the K-2005 and ordered it for us. I didn't know anything about test kits so it didn't matter to me at the time. Our pool has been up and running for about 4 weeks and I have done some research on the 2006 based on hearing everyone on here talk about it. Is it so much better because you don't have to double test the chlorine and do the math? Can I get some sort of supplement to my kit that will allow me to test the chlorine level with just one test instead of 2? It seems like the other tests are pretty much all the same (Alkalinity, PH, etc) I haven't had any problems with keeping my water clear but if there is a more full proof way to do the testing, I am all for it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You just need to add the FAS-DPD chlorine test which is the key to a good kit. Then you will have the same as a K-2006. You can order it from tftestkits.net

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.