Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebble tec pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Pebble tec pool

We just installed a new pool with pebble tec. After two weeks, the water is not clear after running the pump and pool sweep. The chemicals are fine and we have added muriatic acid. Any suggestions on clearing the water would be apppreciated.
    pool products ~ above ground pools

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it." ~ Woodrow T. Wilson

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pebble tec pool

Could you post a full set of water test results, and also describe the color of the water?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

The water is cloudy with a greenish tint. We are having a complete analysis on the water at the pool shop in the morning. Will respond back after receiving results.

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it." ~ Woodrow T. Wilson

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by cjmltn
    The water is cloudy with a greenish tint. We are having a complete analysis on the water at the pool shop in the morning. Will respond back after receiving results.
    Everyone will tell you that most likely your pool store results will be totally wrong. Most likely you wont believe it.

You should order a good test kit, either the tf100 test kit from tftestkits.net or the taylor k2006 kit (I got mine from amazon).

recently my pool store told me my ph was 8.2 when it was 7.4. They said I needed to add a lot of acid. They measured my CYA at 100 when it was 45 indicating that I would need to drain half my pool.

etc.. I was skeptical, that a pool store could be so bad, but they mostly all are.
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for all the suggestions. Test kit ordered from amazon this morning. In the meantime result from pool store are ch 1.24, ph 7.92 and alk 272. Added another gallon of muriatic acid and pool builder thought the chlorinator should be restarted. Had read that chlorine can cause cloudiness and I had asked him to temporarily turn it off. Water was beginning to clear until chlorinator was restarted and it begain to get cloudy again. Just want to do the right thing and get the water cleared up. Appreciate all new suggestions.

6. Back To Top    #6

So the "complete analysis" from the pool store did not even include the CYA (stabilizer) level? There is no way to know what your FC level should be without that number.

Hopefully your kit (it is the K-2006 right and not the 2005????) will arrive quickly and you can get some accurate levels and we can figure out a path forward.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes we ordered the K-2006. Being a newbie we need all the help we can get.

8. Back To Top    #8

While you are waiting .... read through the Pool School (Button at upper right) articles a few times. Even if you have already, there is always some more to learn in there.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

9. Back To Top    #9

We have been using the new water testing kit K-2006 and have clear water that you recommended. Thanks for all your suggestions and wonderful advice.

10. Back To Top    #10

Don't mean to hijack the post but...RE: the K-2005 vs. the K-2006 test kit. Our pool builder uses the K-2005 and ordered it for us. I didn't know anything about test kits so it didn't matter to me at the time. Our pool has been up and running for about 4 weeks and I have done some research on the 2006 based on hearing everyone on here talk about it. Is it so much better because you don't have to double test the chlorine and do the math? Can I get some sort of supplement to my kit that will allow me to test the chlorine level with just one test instead of 2? It seems like the other tests are pretty much all the same (Alkalinity, PH, etc) I haven't had any problems with keeping my water clear but if there is a more full proof way to do the testing, I am all for it.
    Jana - Central Texas
    Pool Stats: Approx. 20,000 gallon freeform pool completed 5/3/2012. Pentair Triton II Sand Filter, 2 - Heyward Super II Pumps, In-line chlorinator, 3 water sheers on 36' raised beam, CrystalStones Mini Pebble Finish in Caribbean Blue, Leuder Limestone coping and raised beam, 1300 sq. ft. stained and stamped concrete decking.

11. Back To Top    #11

You just need to add the FAS-DPD chlorine test which is the key to a good kit. Then you will have the same as a K-2006. You can order it from tftestkits.net

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone
    Jason, TFP Moderator