Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hopefully Sign of things to come

1. Back To Top    #1

Northern Maryland (near Delaware)

Hopefully Sign of things to come

Well after dealing with Mosquito/DragonFly Larvae, I drained the cover and last night at dusk on w whim pulled the cover. Crystal Clear Blue with a little dust on the bottom. I let Rover Loose last night and just watched as he marked his territory (hopefully we know what a Rover is). Anyway I disassembled my filter this morning while rover played with a big smile on my face and put it all back together. After a few reseals I think I am good to go. The water level is up, the pump is pumping, I flushed the sand by taking the multiport off, which was interesting since I found clumps of hair in there and like fur balls. but we are good, Will do my first water test in a few hours, and I guess I will start back on the bleach. I bought 12 big jugs last week, and did not realize I still had 4 from last year. Oh well, now I guess I need to get a reel for that solar cover. I planned on working the pool for a few days, now I guess I have to stain the deck **** BBB.

For those of you thinking of BBB, I converted at the start of last summer, I did not have any bouts with algae or such at all like the previous puck year. Just saying, I think we are all susceptible to algae but 2 years back I was shocking like crazy trying to close. This year I went BBB, and I am not a hypocrite, I still do have my puck feeder hooked up, that is for when I go on Vacation. I turn it on a week or so before I go to get it running properly then no worries except for the broken hose I had an an alert neighbor whom not only shut my system down but went and got the pvc fitting the cracked.
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Hopefully Sign of things to come

Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School