Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding DE to sand filter??

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding DE to sand filter??

Ok..I know this has probably been asked before and answered..but a search on it, would not yield me any results...Not sure why.

Anyway, I'd like to try and "polish" my water up a bit now, and get it nice, sparkly, clean....I've read that D.E. will really help do that....now my question is, I thought I read somewhere that you can add D.E. to a sand filter...can you? Would it be very effective? And HOW much DE would you add to an already functioning sand filter?

Thanks for any input, thoughts, opinions.

Dan
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding DE to sand filter??

There is an article in Pool School on how to do this.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Adding DE to sand filter??

Awesome..Thanks Jason
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump