The XL option simply repeats what is already in the kit. 2oz of R-0871 and another 10g of R-0870 powder.

The XL option is intended for those folks who are trying to clear a gunky pool (by shocking) or if you are doing a baqucil conversion. Both situations require a lot of those two items and the XL is a cost-savings way of getting them in the kit.

I also find people order the XL option simply as a refill because it is cheaper than ordering them individually.

If your pool is clear, I see no real need for the XL option other than some cost savings.

duraleigh said:
If your pool is clear, I see no real need for the XL option other than some cost savings.
I disagree. If it's a first-time purchaser, they're going to be burning through reagents at an amazing rate until the novelty wears off the new toy. Better to have a backup supply waiting. The other reagent refills are pretty readily available locally, but not the R-0870 and R-0871.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.