Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! Pool Cover Stained Top Rails

1. Back To Top    #1

Help! Pool Cover Stained Top Rails

I removed our cover on Friday and found that the cover "faded" onto many of our top rails. It is a red colored fade, I guess from the black underside of the cover, it looks actually faded into the rails. I have tried bleach, oxyclean, and a magic eraser and nothing has helped. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Any ideas on what might help get it off? Thanks!

Can attach a pic if needed....
    24' Round 52" High AG, Waterway 125 SF Pro Clean 2HP, 2 SPD Cartridge Filter
    Pool Rover Jr. /TF-100 Test Kit/ BBB - Ex Baqua User

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Help! Pool Cover Stained Top Rails

Well, a picture might help, but it sounds like you've already tried most of the stuff I would guess you should try! How about using a reducing agent like vitamin C? Could be an iron stain.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

West Hollywood, CA

Re: Help! Pool Cover Stained Top Rails

Are these resin or metal top rails? If metal I'd paint them. Every spring I use rustoleum white enamel on the top rails to keep them rust free and looking like new. If they're resin have you done a search online for stain remover on resin? Good luck.
    [center:3jp7r7gm]15'x25'x4' Oval Muskin AGP, blue vinyl liner, sunk 2 feet in ground with redwood decking. Approx 10k gallons. Hayward Perflex filter D.E. and Hayward 1.5 hp pump. One return line. Wedding cake stairs. (whew, hopefully that describes the pool!)[/center:3jp7r7gm]