California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC4 (RC-52)
Today is the day we are reopening the pool. Its pretty early to be open but, we wanted to get it going and see about getting some work done. we did have someone come out and fix the leaking light (hopefully)...when our pool was closed down the water drained down the light.
Does anyone know if that putty fix on the light actually hold and work?
we are also thinking of replacing the skimmer (it has the old rectangle shape) and maybe a replaster (maybe on that)....the pool is so old and needs some work but, we are hoping to get it all fixed up :-D
hope to post pics soon...
I plan on becoming a life member and ordering our test kit....I'm just thrilled to find this forum and the wealth of experience and knowledge!!!

Christine (chris)
40yr IG gunite 20 x 40

Hi Chris,

Good luck with your re-opening! You are already way ahead of the game getting your TFTest kit and joining TFP!

You are in for an exciting summer :)

Taking those before and after pix are very telling............and we would love to see all of them! :wink:

putty will fix your light you can probaly do it yourself just take light out of nitch (screw on top) pull light out on on to deck take your putty (part # ATM530318 on my site) mix it up and put around the cord at the back of the light ( where cord meets wall) let it set for the night and next day put light back in nitch

here are some opening pics....
also included some closeup shots of the plaster (looks like it was painted) what do you think, does it need a plaster job now??? it really needs caulking around it....this afternoon someone is coming out to give us a quote on how much to replace the skimmer and to change the line (we only have one line for skimmer and main drain). any other ideas for updating the prehistoric beast??? :-D

thanks for any help or guidance,
chris

Attachments

• pool open.jpg
    pool open.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 139
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 139
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 139
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.