Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: swg voiding ag pool warranty?

1. Back To Top    #1

swg voiding ag pool warranty?

Hello. I have been having issues with CYA being too high and thinking I am finally fed up with chlorine tabs. I am seriously considering converting to salt water and just got off the phone with the company I puchased my pool from to see what they carry. They told me that many above ground manufacturers are voiding their warranties if a swg system is installed. Has anybody heard this? This sounds absurd, doesn't it. Thanks in advance.
    10,400 gallon/above ground pool/sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: swg voiding ag pool warranty?

Welcome to TFP!

It is absurd, but it is also true. Many brands of above ground pools will void your warranty if you use a SWG.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

swg voiding ag pool warranty?

Don't listen to the pool store I that's who you called.
    Call the pool store back and find out what exact model and Manu for your pool and call them directly.
    I was also under the same impression and to my surprise after speaking to the Manu came to find that on my pool using a salt system does not void warrantee.
    Best thing to do is call the Manu direc.
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: swg voiding ag pool warranty?

I have been in touch with the manufacturer and am waiting to hear back. I am just not sure who would even honor the warranty. It is an Artesian pool and as far as I understand they were bought out by Wilbar. I sent Wilbar a message. I hope to hear back eventually.

Thanks for the input.
    10,400 gallon/above ground pool/sand filter