Kids these days!

May 24, 2011
My family and I came home from my son's baseball game today to find 3 of the neighborhood kids swimming in our pool! These kids were 7,8 and 11. They climbed over our locked fence and just helped themselves. I was more worried than angry. I never let kids in the pool unless there is adult supervision. Of course I gave them a firm talking too and talked to the parents. One kid got grounded for 3 days....my son would have at least got a month of hard labor for something like this. Oh the joy of owning a pool in a small town.

Unbelievable!!! I agree 3 days seems a bit light for what could have been very bad.

I would not let them come over and use it all summer ... if that had been a possibility.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Sounds like you handed it well. I'd have explained to them that sometimes the pool looks good, but it's not always safe to swim in due to the levels of chemicals needed to maintain it.

Locks only keep an honest man honest. They really don't provide security. If someone wants what's being protected, they're going to find a way to get it (as these kids proved). Part of what I do involves some locksmithing.

If only the HOA would allow barbed wire... My wife was sitting out front one day and three kids rode up on their bikes and said to her, "Hey Lady, how about letting us swim in your pool?" I told her that her reply should have been, "Hey kids, how about learning some manners?" Of course, I fully expect them to throw something over our fence into the pool one day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.