Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool

I am a new pool owner and I have done just about everything that the pool person said and evrytime I do something they tell me it messes my pool up more. I have added the bleach for the pool and my ph is way down and it says I need to add acid how long should I wait in between
    10,400 gallon/above ground pool/sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My pool

Welcome to TFP!

We can help you get things working correctly and the water sparkling, but we need more information. Could you post a complete set of water test results and describe how the water looks?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum

Post a full set of test results and we can help you.

BTW, if the pH is low, then you do not need to add any acid as acid will lower pH more.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a 30,000 gallon pool the looks greenish but can see it clear in some parts. the chlorine is at 3.o and the ph is so low the counting drops dont even bring it up i have counted 30 drops it below 6.8 and my alkalinity is at 90

5. Back To Top    #5

How are you testing your PH? Your reference to 30 drops doesn't make sense. Are you sure it is a PH test?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    How are you testing your PH? Your reference to 30 drops doesn't make sense. Are you sure it is a PH test?
    The taylor 2006 comes with acid/base demand. He might be doing the acid demand test when he should be doing the base demand test..
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating

7. Back To Top    #7

I bought a pool tester from home depo and it says fill large vial with pool water to top marked ph and acid demand than add one drop of solution 4 which says indicator solution use 1 drop for chlorine neutralizer than add 5 drops of solution wihich is red indicator solution for ph test than says compare reading which it come out to below 6.8 so how do i get my ph level up

8. Back To Top    #8

Use Borax to raise pH. You can use the PoolCalculator.com to figure the doses.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to tfp, stacyjoe

As others have mentioned a full set of test results would help us help you. Here is a useful link to get started: http://www.troublefreepool.com/what-...ns-t10341.html
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.