What size Solar Blanket should I buy?

Easto

Jun 27, 2010
A mouse (or mice) got into my solar blanket and there are now several holes in it.

I need a replacement and not 100% sure what size to get.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 74
If your goal is to maximize coverage, shouldn't you just get a 21 x 36 and trim to fit? If you don't care about 100 % coverage and want it to reel up nicely, I would think a 16 x 36 and trim to fit. If you don't use a reel, then I would say definitely 21 x 36, trim and cut into sections.

I have the same size and shape pool. We bought a 18 x 36 and cut the left side indentation out of the cover and use it on the right side. We left the extra on the corners because it is easier to handle. We didn't cut it into se tins, other than the indentation.

Just so you don't feel too bad, I have never had one last more than three years (regardless of thickness/weight/storage methods). So I only buy the thinner cheaper ones. The warranties are pretty much a scam because they just prorate and are really only there to make sure you buy your next one from the same company.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.