Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What size Solar Blanket should I buy?

1. Back To Top    #1

What size Solar Blanket should I buy?

A mouse (or mice) got into my solar blanket and there are now several holes in it.

I need a replacement and not 100% sure what size to get.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    76549 Liters -- Cartridge Filter -- In Ground -- Vinyl -- TF-100 Test Kit -- AquaVac Robotic Cleaner -- UV Sanitation -- Winter Safety Cover -- Installed 2010 -- Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Latest Test Results June 25:
    FC - 6, CC - 0, CYA - 40, CH - 110, TA - 90, pH - 7.5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What size Solar Blanket should I buy?

Can you just measure the size of the one you have now?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

If your goal is to maximize coverage, shouldn't you just get a 21 x 36 and trim to fit? If you don't care about 100 % coverage and want it to reel up nicely, I would think a 16 x 36 and trim to fit. If you don't use a reel, then I would say definitely 21 x 36, trim and cut into sections.
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I have the same size and shape pool. We bought a 18 x 36 and cut the left side indentation out of the cover and use it on the right side. We left the extra on the corners because it is easier to handle. We didn't cut it into se tins, other than the indentation.
    19,000 gallons, Well Water
    Stay-Rite System 3 Cartridge filter
    IG vinyl, MasterTemp 400 Propane heater
    Intellichlor 40 SWG, 2006 Taylor Test Kit with Speed Stirrer
    1.5 HP Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Just so you don't feel too bad, I have never had one last more than three years (regardless of thickness/weight/storage methods). So I only buy the thinner cheaper ones. The warranties are pretty much a scam because they just prorate and are really only there to make sure you buy your next one from the same company.
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit