Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Struggling to get swim spa right

1. Back To Top    #1

Struggling to get swim spa right

Hi everyone,

I'm Deb, I'm new here, and I'm tired of struggling to get the water in my new swim spa right. I looked for other swim spa posts, but didn't see any.

My swim spa is outside with a roof over it, holds 2,000 gallons with cartridge filters, and I've tried copper, dichlor, and Baquacil. I've had the spa since January and I can't get the chemistry right. I now have a nice pink mold growing.

I'm convinced that a conversion back to chlorine is the right thing to do, and I'll order the recommended test strips next.

Tim was hoping to avoid chlorine, but I understand from reading all your great articles here that if I get the chemistry right, it won't seem like chlorine. ??

Are there other swim spa people here?

Deb
    Master Spas Swim Spa-2,000 gallons, fiberglass, outside with roof, cartridge filters

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Struggling to get swim spa right

I should have mentioned that we keep the temp at 86 for exercising.
    Master Spas Swim Spa-2,000 gallons, fiberglass, outside with roof, cartridge filters

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Struggling to get swim spa right

We circulated a lot of bleach all day, and now we're draining it. Starting over with BBB!