whats my ph

I'll bet your Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level is near zero. It seems that the high Free Chlorine (FC) interference with the pH test doesn't happen very quickly when there is CYA in the water, or more technically when the active chlorine level is lower. Even our shock level recommendations with an FC that is around 40% of the CYA level is equivalent to around 0.6 ppm FC with no CYA whereas your FC with no CYA would be much much higher than that.

I'd be a little careful not to shock with too high an FC if your CYA level is truly near zero. The active chlorine level will be very high and you'll want to be careful with what I assume to be a vinyl liner for your above ground pool.

I ran out of the reagent for the CYA but the pool store says it is around 25, the only other problem I have is a low TA, lowered my chlorine level and got a good reading on the PH thanks, did not know the chlorine affects the PH reading, learn some thing new every year. Thanks again

Is that the color the sample turned right away, or did it start out closer to red/orange and slowly turn purple?

If you can get an accurate CYA level, that would help determine how much the FC interfered with the test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.