Northville, Mi
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I don't have any actuators installed and I have just two valves - one is for the skimmer/main drain and the other is for the pool jts/deck jets. I'd like to put actuators on these valves, but I'm wondering how difficult that would be to do. From the scant documentation I can find, it seems like all I do is sort of unscrew the regular valve cover and put the actuator in (overly simplified). No idea where I would hook power up in my panel though.

Anyway - the basic question is - is this something I could do myself fairly easily? (I'm pretty handy). Also, would anyone know if I could just wire these two to "valve a" and "valve b" in my ET4? The install guide says "Connect the Valve A actuator cable plug into the INTAKE (suction) 3-pin socket, and Valve B actuator cable plug into the RETURN three-pin socket on the right side of the EasyTouch circuit board" but says it can control 4 valves without any additional equipment, so that part doesn't make sense to me either.

Installing valve actuators is fairly simple, especially if you already have the ET4 setup. You remove the handle and a few screws from the existing valve, attach the actuator, screw them together, run the cable, and plug it into the ET4.

The ET4 has a total of four places your can plug in valve actuators. Which socket you plug the actuator into determines what that valve is called in the menu system.

So there is just the one socket to plug in and nothing else? You don't need to run any additional connections for power or anything?

Wow - seems simple and easy! They're Jandy Never Lube valves - any particular actuator recommended for those?

One other question along these lines...I've read that some ET4 are "single body" systems and therefore cannot control any valve actuators. First, is that the case - that a "single body" system won't control even valve a and valve b? And second, how the heck do you tell which one you have (single body or pool/spa)? The circuits are named pool and spa, but I can't tell if that's an indicator or not and the "tech" who set it up I don't think is knowledgeable enough to have changed it otherwise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.