Pool Pump Cover

Apr 15, 2012
South Dakota
I have a Rule 1800 pool pump cover that doesn't pump water off the cover. When I plug it in i can hear it run for a second and periodically it will run for a second. The leaf protector is completely submerged. I took the leaf protector off and cleaned it out which wasn't clogged and I could see the impeller spin when I plugged it in.

Bad motor?

There are two things that could be happening. First, that pump starts up for a moment and checks to see if it is pumping any water or not. If there isn't any water it will turn it's self off again. You might be mixing up the fact that it turns off automatically when it is actually working because there is no water at that particular moment. The other possibility is that the pump can no longer detect water correctly and thinks there isn't any water even when there is, in which case it needs to be replaced.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.