Need Help Choosing Aqua-Rite System and Sense and Dispense

May 19, 2012
I am trying to switch over to a swg. We decide on the Aqua-Rite system since most of our equipment is Hayward, we have Jandy actuators and a nature 2 system.

First, I can't figure out the difference between the Aqua Rite Pro and the Aqua Rite Plus.

Second, for the Sense and Dispense System, (AQ-CHEM), do I need an AQ-CHEM AND an AQ_CHEM2?
What is the difference between the two? I know if piggybacks to the Aqua Rite control box, but after that I am lost...
:?:
Lastly, can the SWG be connected to my Jandy AquaLink so it can be controlled from the house? Does it need to be?

I'd appreciate some advice...I like to be informed before I speak with the pool service company and I don't want to look like an idiot or get talked into something I don't need...
Thanks so much!

Re: Need Help Choosing Aqua-Rite System and Sense and Dispen

Welcome to TFP!

I don't recommend the Sense and Dispense System, or any other ORP based automation system, for residential pool owners. While wonderful in theory, in practice them add more complexity, more ways to fail, and new maintenance tasks than they save in automation. If you do go with Sense and Dispense, the AQ-CHEM module is required, the AQ-CHEM2 is optional and is only used when you are maintaining PH using CO2 gas. Also, Sense and Dispense is an add on for a ProLogic system, nothing you have said suggests that you have a ProLogic system.

I don't think the AquaRite can be gotten to talk to a Jandy automation system. You usually need to have a SWG and automation system from the same vendor to get that to work.

AquaRite Plus includes a small automation system, in addition to the SWG. Pro is just the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.