start up ?

Saying "ok" doesn't really tell us what we need to know, we really need numbers. Your concept of "ok" and ours are quite likely to be different.

If your only issue is a "soapy" film, then a couple of days at elevated FC levels should take care of it.

tc 11 ( did a drop test last night, it held)

cya 45 just added per pool calculator

ph 6.5 just added borax ( but not enough per calculator, have to get more)

TA 60 just added baking soda per calculator

so anyway.. I was using my returns as suction overnite and my bottom drain as a return , pool is practically crystal clear. THEN i switch it back to suction from bottom drain and skimmer and returns as normal and i get this cloudiness that comes out of the returns?

Have at it...............

so anyway.. I was using my returns as suction overnite and my bottom drain as a return , pool is practically crystal clear. THEN i switch it back to suction from bottom drain and skimmer and returns as normal and i get this cloudiness that comes out of the returns?
Surely I don't understand this correctly. Are you reversing the flow of your system?

yes i have a 4 way valve and a 3 way one where i can do that... prob would not do it if i built another, the theory was to be able to skim the warmer water off the the top and push it out the bottom with the warmer water being insulated at the bottom.... The heat pump did take it from 65 to 85 in about 24hrs. its was 85 today and 55/60 overnight

Yikes! I can't think of anything good coming from that!

I think I would stop reversing the flow and not do it again. Since that caused the cloudiness (although I don't know why) I don't think it serves a purpose so why do it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i hardly ever use it, but would have to wonder why reversing it would cause anything to happen. Its still just water into the pump, through filter then heat pump and out into pool as ususual.

anyway , thanks for the input

still gets cloudy....

1st FC 5 CYA 70 ph 7.5 ta 90

pool looks great, clear. If i shut off filter then start it back up or when it first starts, pool gets cloudy, clears up in 10 minutes or so.... what the heck is causing this.. ITS EAR RAH TATE ING! lol any help will be appreciated......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.