Foamy water

May 19, 2012
Hello, just want to start off by saying I LOVE THIS SITE! Been using it for 3 years now and never needed to post because the answers were always right here. With that being said, I am having the worst time trying to open my pool this year. So now I find myself in need of some help. I know I have come to the right place. After having a pump motor failure, I was lucky enough to be able to pick up a brand new system. Got it hooked up and started filtering and now I have foam in the pool. I understand it is sucking air from somewhere, I am just baffled as to where. No leaks we can see. My question is could it be coming from the skimmer box somehow? Really want this foam issue eliminated. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Foam is usually the result of the combination of a thin layer of organic oil on the surface, often from pollen, and a source of air bubbles. Eliminate either of the two and the foam will go away. Chlorine will normally break down organic oils, though sometimes that process can take a while. Bubbles can come from several places. If they are coming out the returns you so see if you can fix that. Other sources of bubbles are not usually worth worrying about.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.