How to level a driveway area for intex ultra frame?

nelson411

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2011
Northern California
Hi all,

We really really want the largest size pool that will fit in our tiny yard. The biggest area we have that is not under electrical lines, is the R.V. driveway (we don't have one to park there!) So we want to put an 12 X 24 rectangular Intex ultra frame on our R.V. driveway. The problem is that the slab is only 8 ft wide with 3 ft on each side. And, the sides are not level with the slab. :cry:
Is there a way to level the whole area by using sand or some thing else? I was wondering if we built a frame or box around the area, then covered it with sand to level it. Then perhaps put down some kind of foam layer.
I'm not sure how to do this. We're willing to do the hard work, but a little lost!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :lovetfp:

Thanks, :wave:

Liz

P.S. Go see "Battleship" our nephews, the Hoeber Bros., wrote the screenplay! :whoot: :nemo:

I don't think sand would be so good....too much tendency to wash out. I would (dig down if necessary) frame up the sides around the driveway and then bring it up to level with pea gravel or perhaps something just a little coarser but not finer.

Once the gravel is level with the drive, I would install one of the rigid foam products taped together for a very smooth surface and you should be all set. Post a picture or two if you get going on this....very interesting pool build. :lol:

Thanks for your great replies!

Once the gravel is level with the drive, I would install one of the rigid foam products taped together for a very smooth surface and you should be all set

Great tip! Will look into that. By rigid foam products you mean stryofoam? Or something else?

Will definitely take pictures, and post them as to "what not to do!" :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.