Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Owner

We moved into our house back in Oct. 11 with an inground vinyl pool, 18000 gallons. We are first time pool owners. THe pool was covered over the winter and 3/4 of the way through winter we had bad winds and the cover ripped in half and not long after the liner started to fall was old and not worth saving so tomorrow we are attempting to install our new vinly liner ourself. We have done alot of reading and searching and are ready to start the BBB method of maintaining our pool. We will be buying a good test kit this weekend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Your site has been very helpful in learning alot about pool ownership. Thanks so much.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: New Pool Owner

Welcome to tfp, DeeMac

What kind of liner are you installing? i.e. overlap, j-hook, beaded, or expandable?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Good luck, and post pictures
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Welcome to the forum.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Many DIY liner installs on the forum. Ask questions and you'll probably get a helpful answer.

When your kit arrives, post up a set of test results first thing and we'll all help keep your water crystal clear.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, I am not sure what type, it slips in a track and we did purchase the liner lock to help keep it in.

6. Back To Top    #6

So quick question, we have totally drained the pool but still getting water in the deep end, sand bottom......we are assuming its just ground water. We are sucking it out but tends to come back within 5 to 10 min.....should we be concerned or just normal......we are in Northwest IN just about 30 min south of Chicago.