Horrible Staining, BUT owner doesn't want Acid Wash

Feb 23, 2012
I recently began opening a pool and when we removed the cover, the water was black ( you couldn't even see an inch into the water). After a week and a half, a lot of shock and long hours at the pool, we have managed to clear the water up and can now see the main drain.

There is a MAJOR staining issue however. The bottom of the shallow end is stained pretty bad, there a few spots in the deep end and the sides of the pool are stained very bad too. There is also a very bad stain where the water level sat below the skimmers. I'm not sure what happened, but the pool is surrounded by beds of bushes with dark brown mulch and we removed about 2 inches of mulch and leaves off the bottom of the pool. At first thought I would think that the large amounts of dirt and mulch have caused these stains. Could that be the case?

Also, the owner of the pool does not want the 45,000 gallons drained so we are trying to get the stains out another way. We have scrubbed at them as much as we can and we did an AA treatment on it yesterday.

Any other suggestions??? We open in a week (YIKES)!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.