Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Diving Board Refurbishment

1. Back To Top    #1

Seattle area

Diving Board Refurbishment

My old diving board (10' Continental, made in Baldwin Park, CA) needs a replacement part. The mounting strip (2"W x 15"L x 3/16" thick) is badly rusted (see pics) and needs replacement. I've had no luck finding the exact part online and wondered whether I need the full strip or just a 2-bolt replacement mounting kit like this: ... vrk56qrkp6

I can go to the trouble of making a stainless steel replacement strip but, if a pair of bolts (without the strip) are structurally adequate, it would save me some time.

So, simple 2-bolt replacement kit or fabricate a duplicate stainless strip, what's your opinion?

32,000 gal. IG plaster (circa 1967); 24" dia sand filter; Jandy Lite 2 (250,000 BTU)
    1 hp circ. pump (Single speed, 53 gpm); 3/4 hp booster pump (Polaris 380)
    1 bottom drain, 1 skimmer, 2 return lines from circ pump, 1 return from booster pump, all 1-1/2" PVC plumbing

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Diving Board Refurbishment

If the board is old enough to show these visble problems I would strongly suggest examining the fiberglass for cracks. My pool is a bit over 30 years old and is now on its 3rd diving board (diving boards don't get much use either), the first board snapped in half when a moderately heavy adult was jumping on it after about 10 years of use, the second board was showing signs of cracking a year or two ago, so when someone offered a free slighlty used 3-4 year old board removed from a pool for free that was the right size we "jumped on it" (pardon the pun)
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~