What am I missing from my small intex pool with SWG?

dbug

May 16, 2012
SoCal
I've fianally finished setting up my 12 x 30 metal frame intex with about 1750 gallons of water 2 days ago. I added about 35 lbs of Morton's pool salt and allowed my filter pump to run 24 hrs before turning on my SWG. I set my SWG it to run for 1 hour last night since my pool is pretty small.

Today, after reading and learning how to maintenance my pool, I found out that I would also need to add CYA to the water. How much of the cyanuric acid do I need to add to my 1800 gallon pool? If I take a sample of my water to the pool store, how much water should I bring, a gallon?

This is my first pool and it's for my 5 yrs old so I want to make sure that the water is safe for her to swim in.

Thanks for your response.

Hi, welcome to TFP! You only need about a pint of water to take for testing, however if you purchase your own test kit you can do all your testing at home. TF test kits sells the TF 50 which is ideal for small pools like yours and would probably last a couple of pool seasons.

Using the pool calculator with your pool statistics you should add 17 ounces by weight of stabilizer or conditioner to raise the CYA to 70 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.