Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please Help! How do I get dead algae off the top of my pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Please Help! How do I get dead algae off the top of my pool?

Algae is dead, all floated to the top, skimmer is not doing much to get the dead white foamy algae off the top, hand skimming isn't getting me too far either.. besided getting floc, how can I get this dead stuff off the top? Thanks!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please Help! How do I get dead algae off the top of my p

Hi, welcome to TFP! How high is the water level in the skimmer? If it is more than 3/4 up the skimmer you may need to drain some water to improve skimming action.

What did you use to kill the algae? Usually dead algae drops to the bottom and looks like dust on the floor of the pool. Some algaecides will foam and you may need to raise your chlorine level to oxidize the foam by-product of the algaecide.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Stretch some panty hose over your pool pole skimmer net. But zea is right. It should've sunk!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

try this it works pretty good for me. http://www.amazon.com/Confer-Plastics-S ... 52&sr=8-15
    Cole Pocius
    15'x30'x52" AG, 1 HP Hayward Power Flo, Hayward per-flex D.E filter, Aqua luminator. chlorine, baracuda beta. vinyl liner, 12,500 k gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks for the help guys! turns out it was pollen from the pine trees, not algae.. all the algae died and sank. did the pantyhose thing over the skimmer net and got skimmer socks for the skimmer basket and most of it is gone! thanks again for the help!