Kroger stocks MA!

Really? I'm going to have to check my local Kroger, it is a lot closer than my Lowe's or Home Depot. I would have never guessed. What isle was it on, by that I mean with what other stuff? Car care stuff?

RobbieH said:
Really? I'm going to have to check my local Kroger, it is a lot closer than my Lowe's or Home Depot. I would have never guessed. What isle was it on, by that I mean with what other stuff? Car care stuff?
Cleaning supplies aisle (laundry detergent, bleach, etc.) at Kroger Coit & Belt Line. I was actually looking for stronger percentage vinegar when I looked down and saw the gallon container of MA. About the same price as I pay at pool store or HD.

I was in the pool store this week and we got to talking about MA vs. Ph minus. They told me that in Illinois, they had to start tracking MA sales with a name and phone number due to MA being used in illegal activites (bombs). We also discussed MA causing pin holes in vinyl liners. I have heard the pin hole theory but not tracking the sales. Is it all a conspiracy to get us to use "pool store" chemicals? Curious minds want to know.

Beez said:
RobbieH said:
Cleaning supplies aisle (laundry detergent, bleach, etc.) at Kroger Coit & Belt Line. I was actually looking for stronger percentage vinegar when I looked down and saw the gallon container of MA. About the same price as I pay at pool store or HD.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I don't live far from the Leslie's Commercial store on Miller, not too far from 635. I found they carry it for the same price as HD also. Very convenient. The best part about going to the commercial Leslie's is nobody asks to test my water or try to sell me phosphate remover. :)

TrentonTom said:
Is it all a conspiracy to get us to use "pool store" chemicals?

I chalk it up to Illinois legislature ridiculousness. Not being able to buy 7 boxes of Sudafed makes sense. However, when I bought my MA from Menard's and had to sign the form, I asked the checkout lady if, due to the tracking, there was a quantity limit. She said no. Go figure.

I went to my Menards last week to buy MA. they had three entire shelves full. Three days later, I went back to buy another gallon. They were completely wiped out. Either EVERYONE is finally catching on to BBB or someone is busy making illegal drugs. I may start hoarding it myself. On a side note, my grocery store was completely out of bleach too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.