Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Poolskim with Solar Cover - Worth buying one?

1. Back To Top    #1

Limerick, PA

Poolskim with Solar Cover - Worth buying one?

Most of the debris that I get comes in the form of pollen, springtails, leaves and bugs. I also use a solar cover as much as possibible. As we get into summer the pool will not be covered as much during the day but certainly at night. Is it worth getting a poolskim? I'm assuming you can cover it and have it skim when the covers off but just wanted to see if anyone else is using one with a solar cover?
    17x39 Rectangular, 20,000 Gal, Plaster, Pentair Easy Touch Automation and Remote
    Pentair WhisperFlow 2 hp pump with Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Master Temp Gas Heater, Pentair IntelliChlor IC-40, Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend II Cleaner
    ..and one frog that thinks the pool is his.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Poolskim with Solar Cover - Worth buying one?

I also keep a solar cover on my pool most of the time, and I use a poolskim. We tether the "hat" part of the poolskim to the attached part, and just pull it off and let it float under the cover when the cover goes on. The tether keeps it close by so when the cover comes off, we can just grab it and put it on.

18' round Sharkline Matrix AGP / 8600 Gal. / sand filter / Aqua Trol SWG
    Pool owner since 2001. Thanks to TFP for helping me convert off Baquacil after six years!