Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bought House Doughboy Stuff Not Working

1. Back To Top    #1

Bought House Doughboy Stuff Not Working

First Post
    Second I have read most all the pool info in its entirety. This seems to b a very informative forum. Ive learned alot from here in a short time. Thx to those who put the time in to put this info im gunna need some exp people to chime in on my problem bc i know know reputations of pump brands etc.

We have a 24 foot Doughboy round pool with
    Skim-Line™ Deluxe
    Thru-Wall Skimmer
    Models 0-2094-013 / 0-2094-015

Media Master
    Sand Filter with 6 Position Valve
    Model 1900 — Item No. 0-1702-019
    Model 2200 — Item No. 0-1702-022
    Model 2600 — Item No. 0-1702-026

Pool Power Pak® II
    UL/CSA Models with Strainer Assembly- I think its a 1.5 hp the label is so worn off i can barely read it.

The skimmer seems to b fine to me. But the pump dont turn on at all when u plug it in so im assuming the pump is broken. And the Filter is beat up like the pump. Its been outside for along time. The coller on the filter i cant even get it off to check the sand bc the nut is stripped off. And i cant even find replacement power pak pumps anywhere online. And the pool store says i need a new 600 doller powerline and that 2 much 2 me just for the pump when i need a filter 2. So i wanna buy a new set up and quickly before what water i have turn green and nasty. So from what ive read on here i think i like the cartrdridge filters. So could someone recommend a good brand. I want a pump and filter combo for simplicity and price.
    And can i do anything in the meen time so the water dont turn nasty. Like put some algicide and bleach just to kill algae till i can get the water moving.
    Thx in advance Tyler

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Bought House Doughboy Stuff Not Working

Welcome to the forum.

Each evening, put in one small jug of Clorox in your pool. While pouring stir it around vigorously so it doesn't stay concentrated....something like a boat paddle or a board would be ideal.

The sun will burn it off the next day so you must do it each evening after the sun is off the pool.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thx for the quick reply so at least i can get some in tonight.

I was thinking a set up like this

1/2 hp ... 5501575XES
    1 hp or is this 2 big for my set-up ... e+products

4. Back To Top    #4

No opinions on the pumps or any pump combo's? No body to chime in out there?