Pentair spa side remote

jeffa

LifeTime Supporter
May 1, 2012
Does anyone know how this unit interacts with the intellitouch? It's my understanding that there are 6 wires that essentially control 4 features.

My guess is that the remote acts as some sort of relay.

Does the switch essentially provide voltage from (perhaps the orange wire) to one of the other wires (which is assigned to a feature from within the intellitouch) depending on which button is pressed?

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff,
With the Intellitouch, you assign the various aux's you want, to each of the 4 buttons, which in turn operate or control relays. The buttons are more like momentary closed switches rather than relays.

Are you asking how to make it work normally? Or are you planning to cannibalize it for a project?

I'm actually asking for a project. I want to get a rf wireless remote that controls 4 relays. It's my guess that the black is ground, orange is likely (+) and when you press a button on the is4 it moves the power to the corresponding wire.
For about 30 bucks you can wire up a board that has a rf remote which should essentially accomplish the same thing as the is4. Im looking to see if anyone knows this info before I breakout the volt meter and start probing my intellitouch...

4 buttons are labeled: yellow, blue, red, and green(see back of switch, there printed on the board). Example: when you push the yellow button it makes contact with the black wire as long as you are pushing it, same with the rest of the buttons. Orange is for the light in the middle.

Pool Clown said:
4 buttons are labeled: yellow, blue, red, and green(see back of switch, there printed on the board). Example: when you push the yellow button it makes contact with the black wire as long as you are pushing it, same with the rest of the buttons. Orange is for the light in the middle.

Correct, but to clarify, orange is (+) and black is (-)

It appears that the is4 is just a few push button switches that make a momentary connection when each of the buttons is pressed. Just curious, has anyone tried make one of these by using regular push button switches and sprinkler control wire. If so can you please post what you would need and the wiring diagram, thanks

V,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool questions... :shark:

One reason that you may have not gotten an answer to your questions is that this is a very old thread. Some people (like me) often skip over older threads. Next time, you might get more attention if you post a new thread.

I have attached a crude schematic of how the iS4 remote attached to the EasyTouch Automaton system...

https://www.troublefreepool.com/dbtgallery.php?do=view_image&id=162&gal=gallery

Keep in mind that for this to work the "Spa Side" must be enabled.

The Led will be on solid when in the Spa Mode and flash whenever the heater is on.

Basically the iS4 supplies a momentary ground to the EasyTouch to select one of four actions, one of each switch. These actions (such as turn on spa light or turn on pad light) have to already exist and be assigned to the iS4 during the programming of the EasyTouch..

Thanks for posting and good luck with your project..

Jim R.

It appears that the is4 is just a few push button switches that make a momentary connection when each of the buttons is pressed. Just curious, has anyone tried make one of these by using regular push button switches and sprinkler control wire. If so can you please post what you would need and the wiring diagram, thanks

It seems like you understand how the button works. What is it, that wasn't explained above, that you need? on the board: Orange and black light, or power the led, and momentary grounding or shorting between BLK and to any one of the four colors: 1R, 2Y, 3G, 4B listed on the board where the wires connect, will either turn on or off that associated AUX. Use of a switch other than the remote designed for the system will void any remaining warranty.

Have worked with/installed theses systems since their inception, and have never seen any 4 button remote other than the stock part supplied by the manufacturer.

Thank you very much for all your help. Just one last question. I have some wire and connectors left over from some old Pentair CVA 24T valve actuators. Could this be used to plug-in on the intellitouch where the is4 actualy plugs in. If not, where can I get the connector that plugs in to the intellitouch.

Thank V

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you very much for all your help. Just one last question. I have some wire and connectors left over from some old Pentair CVA 24T valve actuators. Could this be used to plug-in on the intellitouch where the is4 actualy plugs in. If not, where can I get the connector that plugs in to the intellitouch.

Thank V

V,

The connector for the iS4 is the type that just takes stripped wire ends.. You just need a tiny common screwdriver.

Jim R.

Thanks for your help..... So let me see if I have this correct....:D

Materials:
1 Water Proof Enclosure (to house the switches) with ½ inch opening for conduit
1 PVC conduit ½ in. diameter and 3 ft. length
1 Some type of panel to mount the switches and LED (inside the Enclosure)
1 100 foot Sprinkler System Wire (hard insulation outside wire with (6) insulated conductors)
1 12 Volt LED Light
4 Switches (S.P.S.T., normally-open, momentary pushbutton switch rated 3A/12V)
1 Conductor plug (that will plug into Easy Touch Board)

Steps:
1. Mount the switches and the LED on the panel
2. Solder the connections for LED & Switches according to the schematic.
3. Mount the panel inside the enclosure.
4. Mount the enclosure on the conduit (above ground level) & pull the cable through it.
5. Run the cable to the Easy Touch Panel. (bury it after verifying it works)
6. Open the Easy Touch Panel and look for the connector on the board for the Spa Side Remote.
7. Connect the 6 wires in the cable to the plug according to the schematic.
8. Connect the plug to the Easy Touch Panel connector (on the board for the remote)
9. Enable “Spa Side” on the Easy Touch Unit.
10. Make sure the first 4 buttons on the Easy Touch are programed accordingly.

Test the switch to make sure it works! Can you please check if I have it correct ….. and make any suggestions… Thank you very much !!!!:kim:

V,

The connector is already mounted on the EasyTouch PCB.. you just need to add the bare wire ends and tighten a small screw..

Everything else looks ok to me..

If me, I'd test your new remote and wiring right at the EasyTouch before adding any conduit or anything else, just to confirm it will work.

Keep in mind you have to turn on the "spa remote" mode in one of the ET's menus.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.