Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP FAC HIGH?

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP FAC HIGH?

Just curious... I see on Ken's Simple Pool app for Android that TFP recommends a FAC of 5 - 10? That just sounds high. I always thought that a 2 - 4 range was more desirable. Can someone explain?

Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFP FAC HIGH?

Required FC level is directly related to your CYA level.

See Chlorine CYA Chart
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The fac range is based upon your recorded CYA level and the levels goal chosen on the "defaults" screen.
    What have you configured for your pool, and what did you measure for your last test?

-Ken-
    20'x40' / 30,000 Gal / In Ground / Vinyl
    Pentair FNS 48 DE Filter / Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP Pump
    Jandy Lite2 400k BTU Propane Heater / Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TF-100 Test Kit / BBB
    Creator of SimplePool (BBB Friendly Android App) http://www.simplepool.net

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kenmar
    The fac range is based upon your recorded CYA level and the levels goal chosen on the "defaults" screen.
    What have you configured for your pool, and what did you measure for your last test?

-Ken-
    I didn't set customized values, but rather had it use TFP recommendations. My last test this eve had FAC @ 4.5 and CYA @ 70
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by feetr2c
    My last test this eve had FAC @ 4.5 and CYA @ 70
    Well there you go: CYA @ 70ppm requires 5-8ppm FC according to the chart I linked to and 5-10ppm according to poolcalculator.com which I believe SimplePool is loosely based on.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!