HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

The one and only time I ventured into an actual pool store, the lady in front of me bought 350 bucks worth of bacquastuff. I 'bout had a heart attack.

I think it'd be cheaper to just drain, clean, and refill everyday!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Kias said:
The one and only time I ventured into an actual pool store, the lady in front of me bought 350 bucks worth of bacquastuff. I 'bout had a heart attack.

I think it'd be cheaper to just drain, clean, and refill everyday!

Ya know, I get that the pool stores make money off of chemical sales. I understand that.

What really PEEVES me off is that when you go in there, clearly knowing what you are talking about, and they bold face lie to you and call you an idiot.

"Buy chlorine to shock."

"Ill use bleach."

"Not the same."

"Read the ingredients. Its the same."

"ours has a special additive."

FUUUUUU!!!

Kias said:
Sometimes I feel like I want to convert to bacquacil, just so I can convert back to chlorine. You guys have all the fun!

After swapping last year, I right away wanted to swap back. I now wana try to keep a baqua pool clean, using the idea of shocking taught on this site. In theory, if you add enough oxidizer it should get clean. Enough sanitizer and algicide and it should stay clean. With that said.....I don't pay for the chemicals I dump into the Inlaws pool. :) We used over $600 a year on baqua for dirty water. To date this year, we've used maybe $100. Bleach wins!

LOL @Kias...

Seems to be the same in looks, but i'll still post a pic in a bit.

My numbers are definitely getting better and better. Until today, i've been putting in two of the big bleaches when i get up because it drops so low overnight. But today i thought i'd try just one.

At 9:30 i put in ONE big 182 oz bleach.

Checked water just now, one hour later...

FC 19.5
CC 1.5!!!!!!!!

How exciting is that!!!!!!

Sweet! Gettin' closer and closer! You'll be swimming in no time!

My wife came home from work this morning and said she had a car accident patient. Found a bag of meth, and five grand in cash! I said, "Sweet! I'll take it to the bank! That's a nice down payment on a new pool!" I just got punched in the arm... Oh well...

LOL. Yeah too bad we all can't play "find'ers keep'ers" like the good ole days when we were 10.

I'll retest and post a pic in about an hour.

I'm either watching the clock, counting drops, or bleaching.

My life is soooooo exciting.

Oh man... I can't believe nobody has mentioned this, but if you do find dead bodies in your pool, you're going to need a whole lot more bleach!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Yeah. Gosh hadn't thought of that. Well, at least they should smell good.

Waited two hours and this was my reading...

FC 10
CC 1.5

Sooooooooooooooooo back to 1.5 hours again.

I'm grillin burgers. Everyone is invited. And it's BYOB (bring your own bleach)

And the door prize is year's supply of R-0170!!!!!

Oh and i almost forgot...

Here is the pic a few minutes ago along with the pic from yesterday.

I think it may be a weeee bit clearer. Don't you think? If not, lie to me LOL.

yesterday.....

100_1381.jpg

Today....

100_1382.jpg

TomTinNC said:
Color is looking good, now its up to your filter to clear that mess out. Color looks real good. Now, all that dead algae and guk is the root cause of the turbidity.

So is keeping my shock level up to 17 really doing anything now? I mean i know i have to because the "rules" say so...lol. And also because my CC, at last check, was 1.5, so i have to keep shocking.

But, is it just up to my filter at this point?

I haven't checked my levels yet this morning. Put bleach in and am going to wait one hour and check my levels because i knew it would be low.

Today is day 7 of keeping my shock up to 17.

NikiBelle said:
So is keeping my shock level up to 17 really doing anything now? I mean i know i have to because the "rules" say so...lol. And also because my CC, at last check, was 1.5, so i have to keep shocking.
You need to maintain shock level beacase you are not done shocking! You still have 1.5 CC!

But, is it just up to my filter at this point?
No, it is up to shocking, filtering & brushing. Once everything is confirmed 'dead' it will mostly be up to filtering. Hang in there and keep at it.

BTW, what is your CYA level?

I haven't checked my levels yet this morning. Put bleach in and am going to wait one hour and check my levels because i knew it would be low.

Unless I missed something...you are still converting from baqua, right?

Keep your FC ~15 ppm (17 is fine), the next step will be step 7 in the baqua conversion instructions:

7. When you lose 1 ppm of chlorine, or less, overnight it is time to clean out your filter and change the media. Once the filter is cleaned up, add enough CYA to reach 30 ppm. Continue to maintain FC at 15 ppm.

linen said:
Unless I missed something...you are still converting from baqua, right?

Keep your FC ~15 ppm (17 is fine), the next step will be step 7 in the baqua conversion instructions:

7. When you lose 1 ppm of chlorine, or less, overnight it is time to clean out your filter and change the media. Once the filter is cleaned up, add enough CYA to reach 30 ppm. Continue to maintain FC at 15 ppm.

Right!!!!!!! I am sticking to it, step by step. Was just wondering about all that milk stuff and if it is the filter that gets rid of that or the bleaching.

I am totally going by the book!!!!

Andddddddddd, surprise, it's working!!!!

Oh should i check my CYA level now?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.