HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

Hold off on CYA test. It's at zero. How many FC's do you lose overnight. If you've yet to do the OCLT tonight's the night to start.

Ok here is where i stand (excited tone in voice)

Every morning that i've checked my FC has been around 10-12. So, i've added 182 oz of bleach.

So, this morning instead of wasting a test, i just added 182 bleach and wait one hour to check.

After one hour...LOOK AT MY RESULTS!!!! OMG!!!!

FC 30.5

CC .5

OMG!!!!!

Leebo....Yes!! I remember now, since i'm a Baqua conversion i don't have any CYA!!!!

Linen...ty for moving me, i agree, it will help with the confusion and goodness knows i stay that way...lol.

harley silo....Thank you for the compliment. I'll tell you about that color...It used to be gray (you can still see some gray that got splattered on my ladder) It had been 5 years since it had been painted and i was trying to figure out what color to paint it and was gonna go back to the gray. But, i was at a patient's house (i'm a nurse) and their house was that sea blue color and it just reminded me of the beach so much. That's why i got that color and i couldn't be happier!!!! Glad to see a neighbor on here!!!!!

Something is off on your tests today. Adding 182 oz of 6% added 7FC tops. What FC reading did you have before bed?

Don't blindly shock. It's against the BBB method! Add ONLY what your tests show you need.

Yeah i blindly shocked. I did. I did. (hangs head)

I did not check prior to going to bed. I checked at about 9 pm last night and it was 15 so i added 182 oz and then went to bed. Did not check anymore.

This morning i did not test because it is always around 10-11. I suppose this morning it wasn't?

I don't know. At 11 (my time) it will be 2 hours since i added 182 oz. I'll retest and see what it is.

In other words, i don't know what my level was since last night at 9. I've added two 182 oz (last night and this morning) and then tested.

I got used to blindly shocking when i ran out of R0870 for a couple of days. I know i shouldn't have continued doing that. Just don't want to run out again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Lesson learned I hope!

It is very possible that your pool is starting to hold FC's overnight. If you tested 15 and added 182oz your FC would be around 22.....add another 182oz around 29FC. Right in line where you are. You maybe farther along than you think.

After the sun goes down test your FC. Test again before sun comes up. Report those two tests here. :)

What is your current CC level?

Yes i will!!!!! Promise!!!! Lesson Learned!!!!

My CC is .5

The five drops barely turned it to the slightest pink i've seen yet. One drop and it was crystal clear. Well not clear, it was cloudy, but it did not have any pink whatsoever.

What does the water look like??

if clear Shh..... Don't tell the OP......pass the OCLT your swap is done. About time to add CYA and go swimming.

Not clear at all. This is the pic i just now took. It is sooooooooo cloudy!!!!

100_1384.jpg

Can only see down about 4 inches. :(

Results...

9:00 am...did not test and added 182 oz bleach

10:00 am tested...
FC 30.5
CC .5

11:00 am tested....

FC 20
CC 1 :(

It is extremely sunny today. Not a cloud in the sky. OMG i wish i could float in that pool....dad gum it!!!!

Keep shocking then.....not finished yet. Water is still very cloudy. Sorry for the hope. BUTTTT.....

If you pass the OCLT then you can add some CYA and help keep the chlorine in the pool. I myself would stop shocking for now and save the chlorine. If it's sunny outside then most the chlorine will get ate up by the sun. Shock again tonight. But that's just me....if you wish to keep shocking then it's 100% fine. You'll move a bit faster, but use more chlorine too.

Thank you i'll wait.

I've spent around 360 for bleach so far this week (well including the kits) I'm about wiped out.

Thanks for the advice.

Do you know why my CC would go back up? That doesn't mean algae is growing does it?

So i should wait until the sun goes down...test...shock to get up to 17? Then test 30 minutes after...then again in AM early to see if it's the same or close, right?

NikiBelle said:
Do you know why my CC would go back up? That doesn't mean algae is growing does it?

It's all those dead bodies at the bottom of your pool!! :mrgreen:

Don't worry about it, only went up .5, and you're still killing stuff off. I hit 1 every blue moon or so, and while I know it's recommended to shock, I just take my FC up to the high end of normal. The CC's have always gone back down to 0. I just figure a mountain lion or something took a bath in my pool while I wasn't looking.

Keep at it! You'll find the numbers will soon start to come into alignment! :party: :whoot:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.