HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

My order of 25 bottles of the 182 oz of bleach came in tonight.

I'm a wee bit discouraged. After three full days of not going anywhere and diligently putting in bleach every hour (except while asleep) my pool is just as cloudy as before i started. Not even a tiny bit better. My FC has rarely fell below 17.

Having said that, it is no longer green at all. It is whitish bluish color so i know i'm doing good. It's just taking longer than i anticipated.

I know this system works and i believe in it. There are way too many people here that have shown proof. So, either mine is just taking a lot longer than the people's threads i've read or what is worrying me the most...something is wrong with my pump? or filter?

I have to go back to work tomorrow...i work fri/sat/sun but someone will be here to put bleach in every hour for me. I'm not giving up....just wanting to see the light at the end of that tunnel.

I'm hanging in there because i believe in this.

Oh and my last (very last until my supplies get here...hopefully tomorrow) results are as follows...

FC 18
CC 4

Fri/Sat/Sun shift.....I work that too! Nice working three days a week isn't it? Makes for a fun week with the kids.

As for the swap. Did you start with high levels of baqua? Doubt you did this early in the year, but who knows. Shocking a normal chlorine pool that's green takes a few weeks at times, let alone one with baquacil.

Keep it up.

OMG yes!!!! I love working Fri/Sat/Sun!!!!! I'm a nurse and no one wants that shift so major job security and all the other nurses just love me because they don't have to work it. Four days off in a row is like a mini vacation every week. I can travel or go camping or lay out in the pool (well soon anyway)

I'm really confused about how much Bacqua i had in my pool to begin with. If i remember correctly i had put in around 4 bottles but i started back in April. By the time i through in the towel my pool was green and when i went back to the pool store they had me buy 4 more bottles which i never put in. They told me my Bacqua level was 0 and my strips said that as well. It was truly a green pond, complete with frogs and mosquitoes so i just can't imagine i had much Bacqua at all. But, who knows.

I do know it was a total mess and now it smells wonderful and no more frogs or mosquitoes!!!!! I just really want to see the bottom or at least the second step on my ladder for once. Heck i may have alligators in there or something (not really, i live in Tennessee).

Ok thanks so much for the thought that this is just taking me longer.

Now someone told me to keep my shock at 17. I apologize for not knowing how to figure this out but i'm just going with that number. I've also read, on other threads people went way high on that. Should i keep it more like 20 since this is taking so long?

Anyway, thank you so much for your response. I'm smiling again!!!!!

I kept mine at 15 at all times, and it took about a 12 days to get it 100% clear. If you added 3 bottles of Baqua sanitizer this year, you had normal levels of baqua in the pool.....about what I had last year during the swap. Many went faster this year by waiting all winter and not adding any at opening. Very low levels speed up things.

Have you tried a bit of DE in the filter?

OK 12 days...ok. Well, i am just not patient. I shouldn't be complaining at 3 days huh.

DE? Nope. I have a sand filter. Should i get some? Where and how much should i add and how does that help?

LOL@the questions. I'm a question queen. Sorry.

Nope, my swamp took a month to clear. If the green is going away and turning to milk...that would be the first phase. Then the water will slowly begin to clear as your filter gets rid of the dead algae...which is the milk. My swamp was pretty bad, self-imposed, but all of the sudden...like overnight, I had crystal clear beautiful water. Keep the FCs up till the CC's fall and the water is crystal. Keep your filters clean, and the worm will turn. You'll also begin consuming less and less bleach as the process continues to advance. Keep the faith, this works.

NikiBelle said:
My order of 25 bottles of the 182 oz of bleach came in tonight.

I'm a wee bit discouraged. After three full days of not going anywhere and diligently putting in bleach every hour (except while asleep) my pool is just as cloudy as before i started. Not even a tiny bit better. My FC has rarely fell below 17.

Having said that, it is no longer green at all. It is whitish bluish color so i know i'm doing good. It's just taking longer than i anticipated.

I know this system works and i believe in it. There are way too many people here that have shown proof. So, either mine is just taking a lot longer than the people's threads i've read or what is worrying me the most...something is wrong with my pump? or filter?

I have to go back to work tomorrow...i work fri/sat/sun but someone will be here to put bleach in every hour for me. I'm not giving up....just wanting to see the light at the end of that tunnel.

I'm hanging in there because i believe in this.

Oh and my last (very last until my supplies get here...hopefully tomorrow) results are as follows...

FC 18
CC 4

the milky color means dead algae. With a CC of 4 you are still killing algae. Once the algae is dead, one thing you can try is to add DE to your sand filter. That may clear it up faster.

Here is a link to doing this:
pool-school/add_de_to_a_sand_filter

Thank you all so much. It is great to know that "milk" is dead algae!!!! I'd much rather it look like it does now.

I'll just keep adding and adding.

Refill of the powder to get the FC didn't arrive today...maybe tomorrow :(

Hooray!!!!!!!! My powder stuff came today!!!!!!

Yesterday, since i couldn't test, we just continued the same as the day before, bleaching every hour.

So, today i waited until almost two hours since adding bleach and tested...

FC 21 !!!!!
CC 2 !!!!!!

It is definitely holding the bleach longer and my CCs just keep going down down down. STill really cloudy though. But, i didn't realize how much better it looked until i took the pics.

Here are the pics for comparison....

This one is from a few days ago....

100_1375-1.jpg

This one is just now....

100_1380.jpg

This is the ladder a few days ago...

100_1378.jpg

This is the ladder just now....

100_1381.jpg

Wow .. lookin' good, bleach shorts :p (your new nickname, btw :p).

Its quite frustrating, thats for sure.

I started at a green swamp of yuck. Then went exactly in your progression. I just added to pics of where I am at today. It took a week but I got there. You'll get there too :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Hahahha @ Bleach shorts. Yes my new name!!!!

I'll go look at your thread!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!! It will be a week for me on Monday.

Edited: Well golly!!! I went to find your thread and i can't find it. What is the name of it and which section is it in?

NikiBelle said:
Hahahha @ Bleach shorts. Yes my new name!!!!

I'll go look at your thread!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!! It will be a week for me on Monday.

Edited: Well golly!!! I went to find your thread and i can't find it. What is the name of it and which section is it in?

:D It fits I think :p

I figure I got plenty of encouragement from the members here. returning the favor is the least I can do :D

You cant find it cause Im an numbnut and didnt tell you which one it is. "Cloudy water wont uncloudy" - Im a grammar major, can you tell?

Loved your thread!!! You are doing so wonderful!!!!!

After 3 hours since last dose....

FC 14
CC 2

Soooooooooooooo. I can't wait that long anymore. I'll go back to every two hours.

I see bleach in my sleep and i called someone Ms. Bleach today. Her last name was Blush.

signed,

BS
(bleach shorts)

NikiBelle said:
Loved your thread!!! You are doing so wonderful!!!!!

After 3 hours since last dose....

FC 14
CC 2

Soooooooooooooo. I can't wait that long anymore. I'll go back to every two hours.

I see bleach in my sleep and i called someone Ms. Bleach today. Her last name was Blush.

signed,

BS
(bleach shorts)

If you ACTUALLY called someone Ms. Bleach, you are immediately the funniest person ever :D

Sometimes I feel like I want to convert to bacquacil, just so I can convert back to chlorine. You guys have all the fun!

I spent 40 bucks on pool store chemicals when I got my first tiny pool and it was gone within a week. Did some quick math and realized it was going to be way expensive! Searched the internet for a cheaper way and found this place. Haven't looked back since! Now I barely spend 40 bucks a year, and my pool is always crystal clear!

Keep up the awesome job! My wife is an er rn and does the weekend nights thing. She's home all week with the kid! Works out great for us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Kias said:
Sometimes I feel like I want to convert to bacquacil, just so I can convert back to chlorine. You guys have all the fun!

I spent 40 bucks on pool store chemicals when I got my first tiny pool and it was gone within a week. Did some quick math and realized it was going to be way expensive! Searched the internet for a cheaper way and found this place. Haven't looked back since! Now I barely spend 40 bucks a year, and my pool is always crystal clear!

Keep up the awesome job! My wife is an er rn and does the weekend nights thing. She's home all week with the kid! Works out great for us.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Im pretty sure Niki is gonna throw bleach at you for that "missing all the fun" thing :p

But youre right about this site. Its been a GODsend of information and so much more.

I'll just make sure I have my bleach shorts on. :grin:

Bacquaconversions are by far my favorite threads on here. The colors are just amazing sometimes! Watching them go from ewwww to crystal clear is just amazing!

Yeah!!! Uh huh!!!!!! *throws empty bottles of bleach toward Kias. Hey i am not gonna throw any of my full bottles at you...number 1. It may bust and i need ALL of them. Number 2. Lifting all of this bleach for a week, my back is just about ka-put.

Happy to hear your wife is an ER nurse. My nursing hat is off to her. Those are very special people!!!!

OH and glad you are enjoying the show. I will enjoy it wayyyyyyy more when i have clear pics to post!!!!!

Now, where was i? OH yeah....BLEACHING!!!!

Oh and ...40 bucks? Geeeeeeeeeze.

So far i've spent close to 500 on Bacqua yuk and close to 300 so far on bleach and kits.

Soooooooo...800 dollars and my pool is so cloudy it may have dead bodies in there that i can't see.

Why oh why didn't i find this site a long time ago!!!!! I am here to stay!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.