HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

How the heck did I miss a perfectly good conversion thread?? Shame on me!!

Keep it up! You're doing the steps to the T and in a few days or so you're pool will look amazing! With a 10cc high it shows you also had a ton of baquacil (or other lifeforms) in the pool. The lower that number gets the clearer your pool should become.

Thank you all so much!!!!!! I am finishing off my bleach this morning and it's off to another store (cause i bought all at Lowes and all at my grocery store in the last two days). I'll hit the other grocery store up the street.

I've ordered my extra FC CC kit. So, yeah i'm really trying hard to do this correctly. My neighbors pool behind me ( i live in a cul de sac) i can see it is crystal clear) and they just opened it two days ago. Next year, hopefully, mine will be that easy.

I'll report back when i get it all going again. Just put in two one gallon jugs. I didn't test it yet cause my FC CC stuff is getting really low. I'll test right this evening or something. It seems that it is pretty consistent needing the big jugs every hour.

Hopefully there will be a need for pics today. I love posting them and seeing the diff. Right now, no change from last night.

Be back in a bit!!!!

Just got back from Wally world. Got all of their bleach.

Here's the thing today....

From 9:00pm last night until now i've put in only 2 gallons of bleach which was around 9 this morning.

Just now i checked and here are my levels...

FC 19
CC 4

I can't believe after going all night long and just two gallons this am, my FC is that high. Noting my CCis still dropping.

Thinking that's a good sign. :eek:

Since i'm running low on FC CC testing and my FC stayed pretty high. I am "guessing" instead of adding 182 oz of the big bleaches every hour. Maybe put in a 182 oz every 1.5 hours today instead of the every hour i've done for the past two days? I know it is a guessing game when you don't have enough FC CC test supplies and it is very sunny today.

Gosh i don't know. I have enough testing for maybe three more tests...Until my supplies get here.

What do ya'll think?

Stop testing your CC's. Until the water is clear you have no need to worry yet anyways. Saves you a few drops at least.

Oh thanks all!!!! Actually it is the powder stuff i'm low on. The rest i have plenty for now....

Any tricks to stretch the powder stuff that makes it all pink?

Still looks the same out there and i'm putting in 182 oz bleach every 1.5 hours....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

There are no "tricks" to save the powder that I know of. Any shot the
Pool store in the area carries it?

No clue to be honest. I guess i was really asking...since i just have enough for about 3 tests left until my shipment arrives....Should i save it for the next couple of mornings? Or is evening more important? Or just random?

I've put in one big dose every 1.5 hour today. Going on my test results from yesterday, that should be about right. But i can't be sure. Maybe i'm overthinking and should just keep doing it this way till my kit arrives?

The DPD powder? I'm lucky to have a Leslie's Commercial right by my house. (I'm also lucky there's no Leslie's residential anywhere near!)

The commercial supply has it. The residential store does not.

NikiBelle said:
Oh thanks all!!!! Actually it is the powder stuff i'm low on. The rest i have plenty for now....

Any tricks to stretch the powder stuff that makes it all pink?

Still looks the same out there and i'm putting in 182 oz bleach every 1.5 hours....

you only need one scoop. Once it turns pink you have added enough.

march2012 said:
you only need one scoop. Once it turns pink you have added enough.

Is this correct?

As far as I was understanding you want to make sure there was enough to bind with ALL of the chlorine to get an accurate reading.
So even if it turning pink it is may not be enough?

Yeah i'm anxious to see the answer to the "how much for a scoop" as well. The directions say one heaping scoop or two level ones. Maybe i'm putting too much in there, because 1/2 of that would make my water pink.

Readings this morning...

FC 9
CC 7.5 (went back up)

As long as the water goes pink and stays pink it's probably enough. The only caveat is when you're shocking it takes more to bind the FC because there's more FC for it to bind. If you had plenty of R-0870 you could test it. Run a test with 1 scoop and another with 2 and if the results are the same (within 1 drop) 1 scoop is plenty.

12:20....

FC 19.5
CC 4

I have enough for one more DPD test. They are on their way!!!!

I just used enough to turn the water to pink. When i get my new supplies i will take two tests, one with the full amount and the other with just enough DPD to turn the water pink and report the results.

Water is still sooooo cloudy. I am dying to see it get more clear.

Well, maybe today!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.