HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to turn

Re: HELP i'm in a complete mess and don't know which way to

NikiBelle said:
Do you know why my CC would go back up? That doesn't mean algae is growing does it?

So i should wait until the sun goes down...test...shock to get up to 17? Then test 30 minutes after...then again in AM early to see if it's the same or close, right?

The CC going back up could be just that the chlorine found another "spot" of baqua and is working on killing it off. I too had a hard time at first understanding this during the swap....but after a while I started to see more of a pattern. Algae isn't growing in a pool with a FC level around 30 and zero CYA. If it is....we're in trouble. :D

I myself would do just as your second statement suggested. After sundown, test and re-shock to 17FC's. Test again after it's all mixed up. Remember that number. Test again in the morning before you do anything. Well, with the exception of maybe pee'ing.

OH thank goodness that i really think i am understanding!!!!

And another thank goodness that i can teetee prior to testing. Cause if i couldn't, i would be wiggling around so much doing the test, it may not be accurate.

Now. The sun comes up roughly at around 6 am here. My pool is not sheltered by much so i'm thinking i'll get up around 6:10 and check...thennnnnnnn go back to bed. Sound like a plan?

NikiBelle said:
And another thank goodness that i can teetee prior to testing. Cause if i couldn't, i would be wiggling around so much doing the test, it may not be accurate.

Now. The sun comes up roughly at around 6 am here. My pool is not sheltered by much so i'm thinking i'll get up around 6:10 and check...thennnnnnnn go back to bed. Sound like a plan?

So you're saying you'll end up testing like the speed-stir?? As long as you test it close to sun-rise you'll be fine. You shouldn't lose much until the harshest sunlight hits the water anyways.

Thought you could use a cheerleader to keep your spirits up while you continue your conversion. From what I've seen before, you're entering the part where you're going to need patience. But keep doing what you're suppose to!

4a0583ed-9517-fb44.jpg

Oh WOW!!! My very own Cheerleader!!!!

All of you peeps ROCK!!!

Here is a cheer for ALL of us....

Give me a B
Give me an L
Give me an E
Give me an A
Give me a C
Give me an H

What's that spell? CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER!!!!! HOORAY!!!!

I'm waiting for the sun to go down. Anxious to test to see how much FC i lost today. Bet it was a lot!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

AND Thank you JoJo!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone cause this is a community event, isn't it?

There is no way i could do this without all of your support.

I just feeeeeeeeeeel the "luv" LOL

Well the chlorine was almost completely gone.

This was the last test i took this morning..

11:00 am tested....

FC 20
CC 1

Did not add any bleach, except prior to the above result. It was a sunshine day. No clouds.

Test at 8:30pm..

FC 1
CC .5

Just put in 458 oz bleach.

Is that a bad sign that it went down that low?

Nope....just was a sign that you had a sunny day. Shows the reason you maybe better off only shocking at night. Test again at around 9pm....then again tomorrow whenever you finish your morning routine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.