Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaking hard pipe install

1. Back To Top    #1

Leaking hard pipe install

I finally finished my above ground pool install yesterday. And while I was waiting for the pool to fill I deceided to hard pipe the whole filter system from the skimmer to the return and the pump and filter. I bought normal PVC pipe and fittings, but already had some conduit glue for the underground conduit for the electical. I thought that glue would be ok to use. Well I got the whole thing done and once the water reached the skimmer and return every PVC fitting leaked. So last night i'm out there at midnight with a hacksaw cutting the pipe while water is pouring out. Then I had to piece toghther enough flex hose to make it work. Is this normal for this to happen because of this glue or is there something else i'm missing? I have worked with PVC cement and cleaner before, but figured this conduit cement was the same thing. Is it?
    24' Sharkline Venture AGP
    1.5HP Hayward Pump and Sand Filter
    Waveglow Jet Thru-wall LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

SW Wisconsin

Re: Leaking hard pipe install

not the same thing. the stuff for PVC, CPVC, and ABS actually WELD/Melt the two plastics is NOT glue, it dissolves the plastics and when it dries, is a solid and permanent bond.
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Endicott NY

Flyweed hit it... You just used the wrong stuff. Not the end of the world, but disappointing. Good thing it pretty inexpensive.
    21 10500 gal AGP 52' sides, haward 3/4 hp xl pump and earth filter ec50
    Using the bbb method. Tf-100 kit. My first pool so learning in progress!

4. Back To Top    #4

Can you give the make and model of the conduit glue?