Pool not holding free Chlorine

Well you FC is a little high ... shock level for CYA of 55ppm is a FC level of about 22ppm.

Just keep the FC > 22ppm and continue to brush and backwash. You can stop the shock process when you pass the 3 tests:
1. Water is clear
2. CC < 0.5
3. OCLT: lose no more than 1ppm FC overnight

So I tested my chlorine this am and my FC was 31 and CC was 2. Is this normal or common for my free chlorine to go up without adding anymore chlorine? The last time I added any liquid chlorine was Monday Evening. I don't have any tabs in the skimmer or in the automatic feeder either. Reguardless the numbers aren't going down, and maybe when I did the first test with the TF-100 I could have been wrong with the drops because it was my first time doing it.So since I didn't loose any free chlorine over night should I just test once a day now?Pool is still cloudy. I'm still brushing and sweeping and backwashing lol. And I'm hoping to post a picture of a crystal blue pool soon. :)

So I'm just giving an update and another question. Fc been at 25-27. Cc at 2. I continue to brush and sweep. My question is: is the cloudiness supposed to improve each day cause it's not and hasn't been ever since I started?! The cleanliness of the pool has tho because when I sweep and vacuum the water being stirred up isn't dirty or have white chunks or green in it anymore. I'm just concerned about the cloudiness and where it's coming from.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.