Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wall foam

1. Back To Top    #1

Wall foam

I'm in the process of putting in a new liner for our AG pool. I have wall foam which is in sections. What is the best way to join the sections? Is there a specific tape designed expressly for this? Further, is it recommended I buy a can of wall foam adhesive? As the sand is already coving the pool bottom, is it necessary to buy pool coving?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Wall foam

Gorilla tape will work or even duct tape will work. Both of those may leave a noticeable indentation in the liner. Shipping tape should work and it's thinner.

3M spray adhesive or wall foam adhesive will work and something should definitely be used.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I believe we had one, maybe two seams in ours and used duct tape. I wouldn't know it was even there now without going around the pool looking and feeling for it.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for your answers. I do appreciate that! I think the thinner the tape the better, if for no other reason than aesthetics, appearance. I'll let you know what I choose, and the end result.