Intex... DFW Area in Texas... Foam Boards...

Jul 22, 2011
About to set up the pool again for this year, and was doing a lot of reading on these foam boards/happy bottom/gorilla cloth/etc... I noticed I keep seeing that it helps keep the pool warm, :blah: :blah: :blah: ... but here in Texas the last thing we want is our pool to be warm... LOL :goodjob:

Is there anyone in the area (or in any other ridiculous triple digit climate) that has used these?

Home Depot has 1/2", 3/4", and 1" boards... but like I said... I don't want any heat being retained in my water.

A lot of times if you ask a question that pertains to a specific area people won't even read the thread. They'll just pass right by it, or they won't answer because they're not from that area. Also, it's not even been a day yet.

I use gorilla bottom but can't say if it holds the heat in because I've never had it any other way.

Im in south louisiana, everyone around here has always used a little bit of sand. But I know from a build when I was a kid, the sand does leave indentions and you cant always get the liner smoothe. So I dont know what to do. I definitely dont need anymore heat on a 100 degree day. Further, all I can get here is 3/4" extruded polytstyrene which would cost $13.35 a sheet. So any suggestions for us people down south would be great? Would anyone still recommend the polystyrene? Would gorilla pad or happy bottom be better? Also, if the polystyrene would be best, does it go pink foil side up?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.