Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex... DFW Area in Texas... Foam Boards...

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex... DFW Area in Texas... Foam Boards...

About to set up the pool again for this year, and was doing a lot of reading on these foam boards/happy bottom/gorilla cloth/etc... I noticed I keep seeing that it helps keep the pool warm, ... but here in Texas the last thing we want is our pool to be warm... LOL

Is there anyone in the area (or in any other ridiculous triple digit climate) that has used these?

Home Depot has 1/2", 3/4", and 1" boards... but like I said... I don't want any heat being retained in my water.
    27' Round Sharkline Venture 17K Gallon AGP
    Pentair SD80 26" Sand Filter
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5HP Dual Speed Pump
    45MPHP10 Stenner Pump
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex... DFW Area in Texas... Foam Boards...

wow! not a single reply? jees...
    27' Round Sharkline Venture 17K Gallon AGP
    Pentair SD80 26" Sand Filter
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5HP Dual Speed Pump
    45MPHP10 Stenner Pump
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr.

3. Back To Top    #3

A lot of times if you ask a question that pertains to a specific area people won't even read the thread. They'll just pass right by it, or they won't answer because they're not from that area. Also, it's not even been a day yet.

I use gorilla bottom but can't say if it holds the heat in because I've never had it any other way.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Im in south louisiana, everyone around here has always used a little bit of sand. But I know from a build when I was a kid, the sand does leave indentions and you cant always get the liner smoothe. So I dont know what to do. I definitely dont need anymore heat on a 100 degree day. Further, all I can get here is 3/4" extruded polytstyrene which would cost $13.35 a sheet. So any suggestions for us people down south would be great? Would anyone still recommend the polystyrene? Would gorilla pad or happy bottom be better? Also, if the polystyrene would be best, does it go pink foil side up?
    18K Above Ground Salt Water, Sta-Rite Cristal Flo Sand Filter with Sta-Rite 1.5HP pump. Aqua-Trol SWCG, Wanda whale vaccuum